Friday, September 14, 2007

Kitchen Confidential


(click on any picture above to see it MUCH larger)

Just want to show the latest situation in the kitchen. Hard to tell it's even a kitchen yet, except for the makeshift sink in the middle of it all. The space is already brighter, in large part because of the (newly lowered) garden window. But also contributing to the light is the absence of wall between the kitchen and dining room. You can see in the picture on the left that Francisco's men erected a counter-height divider — evidence that I lost the battle for bar-height. Jim's victory there means more openness between the two rooms and probably more light in the kitchen, which is always a good thing.

We had Jeff, the Electrician Magician, in to soup up the electrical in the room. One fun thing about designing a kitchen from scratch is being able to add quirky details that you've always dreamed about. For me, it was a bank of outlets. I never feel like I have enough of them in the kitchen, and you need them for so many things: The blender, the mixer, the coffeemaker AND the espresso maker. The juicer (so what if we don't have one yet?) the toaster, and the list goes on. So I had Jeff put an outlet, like, every two feet.

Did I mention that it's been years since I had time to cook?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home