Sunday, February 4, 2007

Um ... Hello? Is this thing on?

Well, here it is. My very first post. Looking forward, I have no idea where this is going to go. I don't even really know why people write blogs, but the words narcissism and exhibitionism come to mind.

It's just that I find myself at the beginning of a lot of big projects -- a family, a new house -- and I guess I just feel the need to document the changes.

For today, let's start with the house.

Can't wait to take down this sign:

Century 21 Sign

Here is the lovely exterior as it looked when first I saw it:

House as seen from the street

The house was originally built in 1916, though only the back rooms. The front part is an addition that was made in the 50s.

Below is the lovely interior. This is what we call the "Lower Living Room." This is the part that was built in the 50s. The most telling detail is the stone fire place barely visible to the very far left in this picture. An incredible mid-century wood-burner that appears never to have been used.


Lower Living Room

Did I mention that it's a fixer?

You can see more of the house in all its glory on Flickr.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home